forrest-user mailing list archives

From Clay Leeds <cle...@medata.com>
Subject Re: changing the look of the online docs created using forrest
Date Thu, 28 Oct 2004 19:14:46 GMT
On Oct 28, 2004, at 11:22 AM, Linda Rose wrote:
>> Linda Rose wrote:
>>> I like the look of the documentation here:
>>> http://forrest.apache.org/docs/your-project.html.
>>>
>>> However, when I generate my online docs with forrest, the Heading 1,
>>> Heading
>>> 2, etc, formatting is different. How do I get it to look like the
>>> Forrest
>>> online docs.
>>
>> Look at the differences between the skinconf.xml
>> obtained from a 'forrest seed site' and our one
>> at src/documentation/skinconf.xml
>>
>> We are currently using
>> <headings type="underlined"/>
>>
>> --
>> David Crossley
>
> Excuse my ignorance, but where do I get different skins, like pelt? Or
> if I see a site with a skin I like, can I download it?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Linda

I was expecting to 'help' but 'm not sure I am helping here... Sorry...

I *think* the following are already in your default install of Forrest,
although this does not appear to be clearly explained.

(from my forrest.properties[1])
# Specifies name of Forrest skin to use
#project.skin=tigris
#project.skin=pelt

(from my personal forrest.properties--I don't recall how/where I got
the others, although they're all listed in
forrestcore/src/core/context/skins/)
# Specifies name of Forrest skin to use
#project.skin=tigris
#project.skin=crust
project.skin=pelt
#project.skin=leather-dev

# deprecated skin
#project.skin=krysalis-site

(NOTE: by removing the "#" in front of '#project.skin=pelt' I have
chosen 'pelt' as my skin)

Here are some 'tips':

If $FORREST_HOME is set, you should be able to determine the available
plugins by running /forrest available-plugins/ (without the "/" marks).
This will give you some ideas of where to look--you'll see some
'http://...' items in the output. Unfortunately, none of those items in
the output actually provide content (let alone a list of skins
available for download).

The "Skin Packages" page should help ('Documentation' tab => 'Skin
Packages') but it doesn't do anything other than describing them (i.e.,
no download links):

http://forrest.apache.org/docs/skin-package.html

Neither 'Skin Packages' nor "Default skins" appear to explain how (or
where) to download skins...

Hope this helps you a bit.

[1]
http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/forrest/trunk/forrestcore/src/core/
fresh-site/forrest.properties?rev=55703&view=markup

Web Maestro Clay
--
Clay Leeds - <cleeds@medata.com>