forrest-user mailing list archives

From Clay Leeds <cle...@medata.com>
Subject Re: Need help with build errors
Date Fri, 29 Oct 2004 18:15:10 GMT
On Oct 29, 2004, at 10:36 AM, Linda Rose wrote:
> Hi,
>
> You've all been so kind in helping me get started. I hope you can help
> me with these error messages. Error Messages #1 (below) occur when I
> uncommented the "project.skin=pelt" line in forrest.properties.
>
> Error Messages #2 (see below) occurred when I replaced the logos in
> skinconf.xml with my logos (images/LogoForrest.jpg and images/SW.jpg).
> I put my logos in my_project/build/site/images. Is that the proper
> place to put them? I didn't touch favicon.ico or built-with-cocoon.gif
> so I don't know why I'm getting errores with that. BTW, my logos are
> appearing on the built page even though I get build errors;
> built-with-cocoon.gif does not appear. Thanks in advance for your
> help. Linda

I don't know the answer to Error #1. Sorry. I suspect it's a bug that
is being ironed out (isn't living on the svn/cutting-edge fun? ;-))

I *think* you'll want to place your logos here:

src/documentation/resources/images/

If you place them in build/site/images (and they're named the same as
another image file--e.g., project-logo.png, etc.), they'll get
clobbered the next time you run /forrest/, since forrest will will copy
over files *to* build/site/*.

The reason why I say I "think", is because the above PATH is where the
Using Forrest Page[1] (Documentation tab), it says to place them.
However, when you do a /forrest seed/ the logos are found here:

src/documentation/content/xdocs/images

I suspect that will change to src/documentation/resources/images/ in
the near future.

[1]
http://forrest.apache.org/docs/your-project.html#images

Web Maestro Clay