forrest-user mailing list archives

From Clay Leeds <cle...@medata.com>
Subject Re: changing the look of the online docs created using forrest
Date Thu, 28 Oct 2004 19:19:57 GMT
Whoops!

On Oct 28, 2004, at 12:14 PM, Clay Leeds wrote:
> On Oct 28, 2004, at 11:22 AM, Linda Rose wrote:
>> Excuse my ignorance, but where do I get different skins, like pelt?
>> Or if I see a site with a skin I like, can I download it?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Linda
>
> I was expecting to 'help' but 'm not sure I am helping here... Sorry...
>
> I *think* the following are already in your default install of
> Forrest, although this does not appear to be clearly explained.

I meant to indicate that I thought the following skins were installed
'by default' although I don't know if this is true:
- crust
- krysalis-site (deprecated)
- leather-dev (still in development, hence '-dev')
- pelt
- tigris

> (from my forrest.properties[1])

Should be:
(from the Forrest svn
forrest/trunk/forrestcore/src/core/fresh-site/forrest.properties[1])

> # Specifies name of Forrest skin to use
> #project.skin=tigris
> #project.skin=pelt
>
> (from my personal forrest.properties--I don't recall how/where I got
> the others, although they're all listed in
> forrestcore/src/core/context/skins/)
> # Specifies name of Forrest skin to use
> #project.skin=tigris
> #project.skin=crust
> project.skin=pelt
> #project.skin=leather-dev
>
> # deprecated skin
> #project.skin=krysalis-site
>
> (NOTE: by removing the "#" in front of '#project.skin=pelt' I have
> chosen 'pelt' as my skin)
>
> Here are some 'tips':
>
> If $FORREST_HOME is set, you should be able to determine the available
> plugins by running /forrest available-plugins/ (without the "/"
> marks). This will give you some ideas of where to look--you'll see
> some 'http://...' items in the output. Unfortunately, none of those
> items in the output actually provide content (let alone a list of
> skins available for download).
>
> The "Skin Packages" page should help ('Documentation' tab => 'Skin
> Packages') but it doesn't do anything other than describing them
> (i.e., no download links):
>
> http://forrest.apache.org/docs/skin-package.html
>
> Neither 'Skin Packages' nor "Default skins" appear to explain how (or
> where) to download skins...
>
> Hope this helps you a bit.
>
> [1]
> http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/forrest/trunk/forrestcore/src/core/
> fresh-site/forrest.properties?rev=55703&view=markup
>
> Web Maestro Clay
> --
> Clay Leeds - <cleeds@medata.com>
> Webmaster/Developer - Medata, Inc. - <http://www.medata.com/>