forrest-user mailing list archives

From "THOMAS BENOIT" <thomas.ben...@iecs.edu>
Subject Re: OpenOffice and Forrest
Date Mon, 18 Oct 2004 23:01:24 GMT
> Linda Rose wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Once again, excuse my ignorance .... but how exactly do you use
> OpenOffice> files as source files for Forrest? Do you save it as a
> .sxw file? I thought
> > it had to be an xml file? Can someone point me to step-by-step
> instructions> for using OpenOffice files with Forrest?
> >

> Hi Linda,
>
> you have to play a wee bit around with forrest then this questions
> will
> be all answered.
>
> Just install forrest then open a command line:
> mkdir lindasForrest
create a new directory with the Windows comand tool (start
button/execute then type cmd)
> cd lindasForrest
this locates you to your folder just created
> forrest seed
here you build a forrest project which will be the default demo forrest
site if you did not change anything from the original download forrest
files.
> forrest
here you render a static html site in a new automatically create folder
called "site" in your project folder lindasForrest
> cd src/documentation/content/xdocs/samples
this is the place where is located th openoffice sample file that you
can visualize when you go to your website localhost:8888

If you are really a beginer you may have troubles to understand what is
written above...as I did. Just tell us/me so and I can help you step by
step.
Forrest is not complicated but not clear because it is still a
development version I assume.

cheers
Thomas