forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Broken linkmap
Date Fri, 29 Oct 2004 19:40:55 GMT
Clay Leeds wrote:

>>> Just to be safe...
>>> 1. Just ran another /svn up/ so I am now at 55985.
>>>   (so far today, I think I've /svn up/'d 3-4 times)
>>

>> I just did an SVN up but the changes are in freshsite and docs so
>> they  have no impact (only just submitted I think)

>>> yes...
>>

>> Your notes did not show you *building* the site (i.e. forrest site) -
>> sorry I should have been clearer.

Hehe, we are both getting confused now. I was referring to building the
freshly seeded site - not your custom site - I am trying to make sure
the problem is not with Forrest itself (which is my current suspicion)

> I guess It's possible I have a problem in my medata_docs/ project... I
> don't know what it could be.

I'm almost certain of it, but since I am bug-fixing the plugins right
now I want to make sure. Here's what we need to do:

- cd forrestcore
- rm -Rf plugins
- ./build.sh
- cd [some temporary directory]
- forrest seed
- forrest site (or just forrest as you rightly point out)
- Does it build (with errors about cwiki and ihtml pages)
- svn up (yes again, I just submitted another fix)
- check at revision 55988
- forrst site
- Does is build without errors

If everything goes as describe we *know* the problem is with your site.

> [OT]
> On a side note I notice in my seed4/ site, that there's no
> OpenOffice.org sample (my seed3/ site does have it). I assume this has
> something to do with OpenOffice.org moving to a plugin, but I think it
> would be a travesty (perhaps that's too strong a word... ;-)) to not
> include an OpenOffice.org sample (and for that matter a
> Simplified-Docbook sample) in the /forrest seed/ output. Could the
> plugin automatically add this when doing a /forrest seed/?

We cannot include a working sample since the functionality will not be
there. What I will be doing as soon as I iron out these bugs is creating
a page in the seeded site from plugins.xml descriptor which describes
all plugins, their functionlaity, their status etc.

In the main docs there will be a full demonstration (and I suppose the
plugins page in a seed site should link back to the relevant section on
the main site).

Do you think this is enough?

Ross