forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Need help with build errors
Date Fri, 29 Oct 2004 18:34:47 GMT
Clay Leeds wrote:
> On Oct 29, 2004, at 10:36 AM, Linda Rose wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> You've all been so kind in helping me get started. I hope you can help
>> me with these error messages. Error Messages #1 (below) occur when I
>> uncommented the "project.skin=pelt" line in forrest.properties.
>>
>> Error Messages #2 (see below) occurred when I replaced the logos in
>> skinconf.xml with my logos (images/LogoForrest.jpg and images/SW.jpg).
>> I put my logos in my_project/build/site/images. Is that the proper
>> place to put them? I didn't touch favicon.ico or built-with-cocoon.gif
>> so I don't know why I'm getting errores with that. BTW, my logos are
>> appearing on the built page even though I get build errors;
>> built-with-cocoon.gif does not appear. Thanks in advance for your
>> help. Linda
>

> I don't know the answer to Error #1. Sorry.

Error #1 is not actually an error, it is a warning. Unless strange
behaviour results you can ignore warnings. I'm not sure why you are
getting these warnings but we'll come back to it if problems persist
(you may choose to remind this list if we hit a dead end)

> I suspect it's a bug that is
> being ironed out (isn't living on the svn/cutting-edge fun? ;-))

Actually I assumed Linda was on 0.6, which version of Forrest are you
using Linda?

> I *think* you'll want to place your logos here:
>
> src/documentation/resources/images/

This behaviour has been deprecated. They should go in
src/documentation/content/xdocs/images

> The reason why I say I "think", is because the above PATH is where the
> Using Forrest Page[1] (Documentation tab), it says to place them.

Oh, dear another documentation problem I think. I'll check on the dev
list that I'm not getting my wires crossed, but for your purposes linda
the above path will work.

Ross

Ross