forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: from LaTeX to DocBook
Date Fri, 29 Oct 2004 17:09:59 GMT
Joao Miguel Ferreira wrote:
> Is there any automated way (some script, maybe) to convert my LaTeX
> documents into some of the base Forrest DTD's (maybe Simplified
> DocBook)...

Not sure about converting to DocBook but there are loads of scripts for
converting to HTML. Forrest can embed HTML, this may be your better
choice (see the Interpreted HTML example in a freshly seeded site)

Having said that Sean Wheller is working on full Docbook support at the
moment. So we may have better support of docbook soon.

> I'm enjoying Forrest very much and I would like to convert my old LaTeX
> documents into XML in order to publish them (in PDF and HTML) with
> Forrest.

I have a similar need (but not the time right now). If you find any good
converters to either docbook or html please let me know, I'll see if I
can knock together a plugin to provide this funcitonlaity.

Ross