forrest-user mailing list archives

From "Stefano Mancarella" <stefano.mancare...@caboto.it>
Subject Re: Alignment problem with pelt, tables and IE
Date Fri, 29 Oct 2004 09:26:18 GMT
Scherler, Thorsten wrote:
> Hi Stefano,
> I found a machine with IE6. ;-)
> try
> .ForrestTable {
>     position:static !important;
>     position:absolute;
>     color: #ffffff;
>     background-color: #7099C5;
>     width: 100%;
>     font-size : 100%;
>     empty-cells: show;
> }
> The outcome is not really nice but the table is now next to the menu.

Yeah, it is, but if you have more than one they overlap. Unusable. :(
The fix I'm using at the moment is:
.ForrestTable {
     width: 99%;
}
Which does the job as long as all the table contents fit in the page.
To make boxed and underlined headings properly aligned with tables I've
also added:
.boxed {
     width: 99%;
}
It's far from being perfect, but at least it's acceptable and doesn't
affect too much the visualization in other "good" browsers.

> If I have time I have to have a deeper look. It is a really ugly IE bug.
> :(

It's a really ugly browser, IMHO. :(