forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <>
Subject Re: How do I create Forrest:* styles?
Date Wed, 20 Oct 2004 20:13:16 GMT
Clay Leeds wrote:
> On Oct 20, 2004, at 3:21 AM, Ross Gardler wrote:
>> Ross Gardler wrote:
>>> This XSL I attached to
>>> have some rudimentary handling of Open Office style information. That
>>> will give you a start on working out how styles are stored.
>>> If you open up an sxw file (i.e. unzip it) you will see the styles
>>> are stored in a separate file and linked by ID to the relevent
>>> elements in the content.
>>> I am sure the website will have much more info on this.
>> Sorry, I just realised I misunderstood your question. Nevertheless,
>> looking into how OpenOffice manages its styles may help with the
>> workaraound. I'm afraid I don't know the answer to your real question.
>> Ross
> Those files will be useful to get around this problem. I think part of
> the problem with Heading levels can be resolved by making the XPath match.
> I've tried manually editing the style.xml & content.xml files by copying
> a 'good' Heading 1 code segment, and creating Heading 3, 4, 5 segments
> to content.xml (and similarly creating the relevant 'styles' in
> style.xml). Unfortunately, when I process run /forrest/ it complains
> that meta.xml does not exist (even though it exists in the directory and
> the resulting file--renamed to
> openoffice-writer.sxw).

I've seen this, are you using my OpenOffice.xmap file (the one in the
zip attached to the feature request)? If so I think that is why you are
seeing the problem. I switched from using the zip generator to using the
jar generator to read the sxw archive(for reasons I can't quite
remember, it was a long time ago). Anyway, with the jar generator it
produces the above error whenever the sxw has been changed.

If you restart forrest it will work fine, thereby indicating it is
nothing to do with the application. You could try
switching back to the zip generator and see if the problem goes away.

If you are using the xmaps that ship with Forrest then this is not your
problem, but the same symptoms are present.

View raw message