forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How do I create OpenOffice.org Forrest:* styles?
Date Wed, 20 Oct 2004 09:54:27 GMT
Clay Leeds wrote:
> We already know there appears to be a bug in OpenOffice.org Writer's
> handling of Styles[1]. But if I knew how the styles in the
> openoffice-writer.sxw file was created, I might be able to 'workaround'
> the situation by re-creating the openoffice-writer.sxw file. For one
> thing, openoffice-writer.sxw does not appear to have Headings 3, 4 and
> 5. As a result, I don't appear to be able to include them in my documents.
>
> [1]
> http://issues.cocoondev.org/browse/FOR-311

This XSL I attached to http://issues.cocoondev.org/browse/FOR-310 have
some rudimentary handling of Open Office style information. That will
give you a start on working out how styles are stored.

If you open up an sxw file (i.e. unzip it) you will see the styles are
stored in a separate file and linked by ID to the relevent elements in
the content.

I am sure the OpenOffice.org website will have much more info on this.

Ross