forrest-user mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: "Forrest indirect link" in an OpenOffice document
Date Tue, 19 Oct 2004 00:27:39 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
> THOMAS BENOIT wrote:
>
>> Is it possible to add Forrest's indirect links (<link href="site:todo">)
>> in an OpenOffice document which is used by Forrest.
>

> Sorry for the slow response, I wasn't sure my answer was correct, so
> waited to see if others responded first.
>
> My answer is no it is not possible (if I am wrong someone will speak up
> now).
>
>  > Besides I cannot enter the character ":" in the url path.
>
> This would seem to prevent us from adding such funcitonality as well I
> am afraid.
>
> Ross

Using OO.org 1.1, I can type "site:test" into the URL path, but for an
internet site or for a document (there are many choices in the hyperlink
dialog).  However, in the generated XML there href becomes "./site:foo".
  I'm sure this can be worked around.

I think we'd have to modify our openoffice xsl file to handle this properly.

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.splike.com : programming