forrest-user mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: Extracting content from Microsoft word into Forrest
Date Thu, 14 Oct 2004 23:47:48 GMT
Juan Jose Pablos wrote:
> Kola Oyedeji escribiĆ³:
>
>> I'm aware the latest version of office allows content to be stored in
>> XML.
>> Does anyone know if any work has been done in this area? Is it possible
>> perhaps to extract content from word and transform it into a format for
>> Forrest?
>>
> Hi Kola

Also, there is an apache project to do this, although I haven't seen any
progress on it.

http://jakarta.apache.org/poi/hwpf/index.html

A similar project (for Excel files), which looks more active, has a
cocoon serializer, so it could be used to generate .xls files.  If it
has a cocoon generator too, that would probably be a nice example of a
generator.

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.splike.com : programming