forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: R: Extracting content from Microsoft word into Forrest
Date Thu, 14 Oct 2004 21:04:02 GMT
Kola Oyedeji wrote:
> Guys
>
> Thanks for all the feedback. I had seen some solutions but they seemed far
> from ideal.
>
> Ross I would be interested in helping out but not sure if my knowledge of
> cocoon would be sufficient?

Well, I have to be honest, I have never written a Cocoon generator
either. I don't have the time to work on this right now, but I didn't
write the original code anyway. I would recomend you join the Forrest
dev list as this not appropriate for the user list. We can work it out
over there.

As I said, I have no problem donating the code we have over on Burrokeet
to Forrest.

> If there is anything I can help with let me know. I think this would be a
> big plus for more companies moving to Forrest as they would then be able
> To make existing documents available online.

Perhaps a check with Cocoon that there isn't already a generator to do
this (I haven't looked yet).

Ross