forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: R: Extracting content from Microsoft word into Forrest
Date Thu, 14 Oct 2004 20:54:44 GMT
peter.dykstra@donovandata.com wrote:

> Any automation of Word to Open Office would be of great interest to us
> as well.
>
> I can imagine some of our users switching to Open Office, but it would
> be great if we could also automate conversion of existing Word documents
> as well as the odd new document.  A command line approach such as the
> one shown below would be v. useful.
>
> Ross - when you run Open Office as a server to convert Word docs, what
> actually triggers the conversion of a given document to Open Office?

At present it is a plugin for Eclipse so you have a menu option "convert
MS Office Document". However, as I said we want to provide on the fly
conversion within Forrest itself, this way users can still use MS Word
if they insist (my clients will not budge yet) and there is no need to
do a conversion each time the file is edited.

Ross