forrest-user mailing list archives

From Juan Jose Pablos <che...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Extracting content from Microsoft word into Forrest
Date Thu, 14 Oct 2004 10:39:44 GMT
Ross Gardler escribió:

> Over on our project we have gone a different route. We use a version of
> Open Office running as a server to convert from MS format to Open
> Office. Forrest supports Open Office so, with this conversion process we
> can support MS Office too. The benefit of this approach is that it also
> supports earlier versions of MS Office and we have the whole Open Office
> community in writing decent converters.

I would like to see something like:

oowriter myfile.doc -output myfile.sxw

It seems quite common for any organization to have a big buch of word
files, so if you can doit by command line then you can create a 5
minutes script to convert all of these files. I does not matter if that
takes a week or two because is the server who does the job not you.

Cheers,
Cheche