forrest-user mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: How to serialize intermediary XML files for debugging?
Date Thu, 07 Oct 2004 21:03:46 GMT
Christian Roth wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm working on customizing skins and behaviours regarding menu/tab/
> content creation for my site.
>
> Is there a pre-configured option to have the intermediary files on which
> e.g. book2menu.xsl, tab2menu.xsl and document2html.xsl operate serialized
> to a file so that I can use a simple, standalone XSLT debugger to check
> what my stylesheets are doing outside of the complex Cocoon framework?
>
> If there isn't, it would be nice if someone could point me in the right
> direction on what to modify to have intermediary results be serialized.
> Modify somehow Cocoon's pipelines by adding serialize steps? How to get
> them to still operate as normal on the following steps? I'm a little
> clueless here...

This should have gone to the dev@f.a.o list.

Have you read
http://forrest.apache.org/docs/sitemap-ref.html#intermediate_pipelines?

Also, you can modify the cocoon sitemaps so that they match on something
special and will serialize the intermediate step there.  Cocoon also
have "views" which we currently don't take advantage of.

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.splike.com : programming