forrest-user mailing list archives

From Juan Jose Pablos <che...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Newbie trying to integrate external RSS content
Date Wed, 06 Oct 2004 08:43:03 GMT
Sascha,

rehm@atlas.de escribió:
> Somehow I don't understand how this whole thing is going to work. I
> understand I have got to add this match for a file called "weblog.xml"
> e.g. in sitemap.xmap. But how should weblog.xml look like in order to
> refer to the external RSS content?

<map:generate type="file" src="http://blogs.cocoondev.org/stevenn/index.
rss" />

> And what about the link refering to the rss-file?

<map:match pattern="weblog.xml">

> In that example we have got
> "http://blogs.cocoondev.org/stevenn/index.rss"? What about PHP-links
> like "http://some.url.com/blog/rss.php?topic=fun"? Can forrest deal with
> them?

If that url displays proper content, yes.

> Thanks in advance and sorry for these newbie-questions.

well, they are not. I have created a sitemap.xmap, so you can test in
your own enviroment. Copy this on YOUR_PROJECT/src/documentation

It is a good example of the power of forrest.

Cheers,
Cheche