forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Tab-menu generation problem
Date Tue, 05 Oct 2004 13:13:41 GMT
Christian Roth wrote:
> site.xml:
> ---------
>
> <site label="infinity-loop" href=""
>   xmlns="http://apache.org/forrest/linkmap/1.0" tab="">
>
>     <index label="Profile" href="company/index.html" tab="company"/>
>     <contact label="Contact" href="company/contact.html" tab="company" />
>
> </site>

<snip/>

> I have source index.xml and contact.xml files available under xdocs/
> company/, and they get generated correctly, just not the menu consisting
> of what I think should contain
>
>   Profile
>   Contact
>
> under the Company tab which itself is generated and highlighted correctly
> when I show /company/index.html in my browser. Why does the menu not get
> generated?

The menu for each section is created from the elements within each
element in the site.xml, they are not grouped by the tab attribute (see
http://forrest.apache.org/docs/linking.html#site). You need to create a
parent object for the pages in the company tab:

<site label="infinity-loop" href=""
    xmlns="http://apache.org/forrest/linkmap/1.0" tab="">

  <company label="Company" href="company" tab="company">
    <profile label="Profile" href="index.html"/>
    <contact label="Contact" href="contact.html"/>
  </company>
</site>

Ross