forrest-user mailing list archives

From "Greg Yenchi" <greg.v...@cox.net>
Subject RE: Linking to a Section's Anchor
Date Fri, 15 Oct 2004 10:33:51 GMT
I've unsuccessfully tried the TOC with location=menu, but it didn't provide
me a way to resolve the hyperlinks -- unless I did something wrong.  My
problem isn't having a user navigate to the middle of a page, I need to
hyperlink to the anchor.

-----Original Message-----
From: Clay Leeds [mailto:cleeds@medata.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 14, 2004 5:31 PM
To: user@forrest.apache.org
Subject: Re: Linking to a Section's Anchor

On Oct 14, 2004, at 1:32 PM, <greg.vaco@cox.net> wrote:
> Can I automatically include the Anchors generated from my Section Ids
> into the Site.xml so that I can hyberlink to the middle of a page?
>
> I'm trying to find a workaround for issue FOR-95.  My real problem is
> that I generate 1,000s of recursive sections - all having unique ids -
> based on information from a database.  It's impractical for me to
> manually code all of them in the site.xml.  I was wondering if I could
> leverage the <tocitems> that contain all of the ids?  Or, any other
> suggestions...

Would it be enough to use the existing auto-generated TOC mechanism[1],
and assign them to a SECTION/SECTION/TITLE? That way, (if skinconf.xml
is set up correctly, again[1]) it will automatically generate the
links. You can then place the TOC in either the Site Nav on the left,
or the Top of the content section or both.

HTH!

[1]
http://forrest.apache.org/docs/linking.html#toc-generation

Web Maestro Clay