forrest-user mailing list archives

From "Greg Yenchi" <>
Subject RE: Linking to a Section's Anchor
Date Fri, 15 Oct 2004 10:33:51 GMT
I've unsuccessfully tried the TOC with location=menu, but it didn't provide
me a way to resolve the hyperlinks -- unless I did something wrong.  My
problem isn't having a user navigate to the middle of a page, I need to
hyperlink to the anchor.

-----Original Message-----
From: Clay Leeds []
Sent: Thursday, October 14, 2004 5:31 PM
Subject: Re: Linking to a Section's Anchor

On Oct 14, 2004, at 1:32 PM, <> wrote:
> Can I automatically include the Anchors generated from my Section Ids
> into the Site.xml so that I can hyberlink to the middle of a page?
> I'm trying to find a workaround for issue FOR-95.  My real problem is
> that I generate 1,000s of recursive sections - all having unique ids -
> based on information from a database.  It's impractical for me to
> manually code all of them in the site.xml.  I was wondering if I could
> leverage the <tocitems> that contain all of the ids?  Or, any other
> suggestions...

Would it be enough to use the existing auto-generated TOC mechanism[1],
and assign them to a SECTION/SECTION/TITLE? That way, (if skinconf.xml
is set up correctly, again[1]) it will automatically generate the
links. You can then place the TOC in either the Site Nav on the left,
or the Top of the content section or both.

Web Maestro Clay
Clay Leeds - <>
Webmaster/Developer - Medata, Inc. - <>
PGP Public Key: <>