forrest-user mailing list archives

From "Christian Roth" <r...@visualclick.de>
Subject Re: Tab-menu generation problem
Date Tue, 05 Oct 2004 13:42:54 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:

>Christian Roth wrote:
>> site.xml:
>> ---------
>>
>> <site label="infinity-loop" href=""
>>   xmlns="http://apache.org/forrest/linkmap/1.0" tab="">
>>
>>     <index label="Profile" href="company/index.html" tab="company"/>
>>     <contact label="Contact" href="company/contact.html" tab="company" />
>>
>> </site>
>
>The menu for each section is created from the elements within each
>element in the site.xml, they are not grouped by the tab attribute (see
>http://forrest.apache.org/docs/linking.html#site). You need to create a
>parent object for the pages in the company tab

The documentation says:

"All site.xml entries with a "tab" which is equal to that of the current
page, are added to the menu."

I read this meaning that the above <index> and <contact> elements are
entries of site.xml, and since they have the same tab attribute value
like the page currently displayed (company/index.html), these two entries
should show up in the menu.

Your solution:

><site label="infinity-loop" href=""
>    xmlns="http://apache.org/forrest/linkmap/1.0" tab="">
>
>  <company label="Company" href="company" tab="company">
>    <profile label="Profile" href="index.html"/>
>    <contact label="Contact" href="contact.html"/>
>  </company>
></site>

does work, but generates a "Company" grouping label in the menu, which is
redundant since the tab already is labelled "Company" and there are no
further top-level categories in that menu other than "Company". I wanted
to get rid of this redundant grouping.

So I tried omitting the label to not get the grouping header in the menu:

--snip--
  <company href="company/" tab="company">
    <profile label="Profile" href="index.html"/>
    <contact label="Contact" href="contact.html"/>
  </company>
--snip--

But then, the complete menu is once again not generated at all because of
the "Elements without label attributes (and their children) are not
displayed in the menu." rule.

How can I add entries to a tab's menu that are top-level and not
grouping, i.e. a simple flat menu?

Regards, Christian.