forrest-user mailing list archives

From Vincent Bray <v.b...@cobwebinfo.com>
Subject Re: [RT] Display document history inline w/ subversion
Date Tue, 19 Oct 2004 13:33:30 GMT
On Tue, 2004-10-19 at 14:20, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> Vincent Bray wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > Something I'd dearly love to see in Forrest is a way to display a
> > document's change history in-line with the document.
>
> Currently we have limited support for versioning (see an example here
> [1]) but maybe you are talking about a document's diff?

I see. So Forrest will currently grab source files from e.g. CVS?

> Could you make a mocku-up page of what you would like to see, and where
> the various versions would be stored?

Not so much the diff.. I was thinking that perhaps the last 10ish log
messages related to <<this>> file could be included in the
transformation output. This way everything can still be published
statically.
One of my consistent failings is an utter lack of design skills, but
I'll have a go at a mock-up if you promise not to laugh/hurl :-)

noodlet