forrest-user mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Question from a newbie
Date Fri, 15 Oct 2004 22:43:28 GMT
Linda Rose wrote:

> Thanks for the reply. I tried using a Framemaker xml file and the build
> failed with a "not valid xml document."

Is your "Framemaker XML" in the Forrest document format?
As Clay said, see the Samples in the demo application
which is delivered with Forrest. You cannot just try to
force Forrest to read any structure. That said, if you
do have documents is a certain structure then Forrest
can be configured to use it. See the "advanced" section
of the "Using Forrest" document.

> Do you know what the files in http://forrest.apache.org were authored in?
> (Please don't say vi.)

It depends who the author is and their skills.
I definitely use "vi" sometimes. Other times i use
a proper xml editor such as "XXE".
See http://forrest.apache.org/docs/catalog.html
for the variety of "XML editors" that people have
reported using.

--
David Crossley