forrest-user mailing list archives

From Clay Leeds <>
Subject forrest wholesite 'bug'
Date Fri, 15 Oct 2004 21:27:33 GMT
There's a minor bug in the whole_site mechanism: It displays the PDFs
item (which contains only the Whole Site HTML & PDF links) in the
generated output. This is silly, since it's a circular reference
(although in the wholesite.html & wholesite.pdf files they have no
content). These items should have the functionality of PDF-TAB's
wholesite='false'. Unfortunately, I can't seem to add this. IMO, it
should actually have this by default.

On a side note, I don't recall this issue[1] ever being resolved.
However, it appears to be working... FWIW, I didn't have to follow the
instructions in that thread. I just uncommented what's in site.xml:
   <pdfs label="PDFs" wholesite='false'>
     <whole_site_html label="Whole site HTML" href="wholesite.html"
     <whole_site_pdf label="Whole site PDF" href="wholesite.pdf"

(NOTE: My unsuccessful attempt at 'hiding' these links from the
/wholesite.html & /wholesite.pdf. I also tried placing that with just
the parent <pdfs label="PDFs" wholesite='false'>)

Web Maestro Clay
Clay Leeds - <>
Webmaster/Developer - Medata, Inc. - <>
PGP Public Key: <>