forrest-user mailing list archives

From "Charles Palmer" <char...@dspdesign.com>
Subject Re: OOo Problem with sub-level Headings
Date Tue, 05 Oct 2004 09:41:19 GMT
This rings a bell - I have had issues where OOo variously changes headings
from <text:h> tags to text:p> tags. See the following extract from a posting
of mine to user@forrest.apache.org on 18 August:

SNIP:

The openoffice-write.sxw file included in the Forrest examples has something
broken with the "Heading 3" style, as do all other openoffice .sxw files
that I created by modifying it. For example, when I take the original
openoffice-write.sxw, cut out all the text and replace it with a sequence of
Heading1 to Heading 5 lines, then examine the resulting content.xml (by
unzipping the sxw file) I get this (note the special treatment for Heading
3):

<text:h text:style-name="Heading 1" text:level="1">Heading 1</text:h>
<text:h text:style-name="Heading 2" text:level="2">Heading 2</text:h>
<text:p text:style-name="Heading 3">Heading 3</text:p>
<text:h text:style-name="Heading 4" text:level="4">Heading 4</text:h>
<text:h text:style-name="Heading 5" text:level="5">Heading 5</text:h>

But if I start a fresh Openoffice file and add the same content I get this:

<text:h text:style-name="Heading 1" text:level="1">Heading 1</text:h>
<text:h text:style-name="Heading 2" text:level="2">Heading 2</text:h>
<text:h text:style-name="Heading 3" text:level="3">Heading 3</text:h>
<text:h text:style-name="Heading 4" text:level="4">Heading 4</text:h>
<text:h text:style-name="Heading 5" text:level="5">Heading 5</text:h>

I don't know why the Heading 3 style within the openoffice-writer.sxw file
is screwed up.

/SNIP

I have seen this again on my own documents and I suspect it is a bug in OOo
but I have not had time to investigate. Maybe I can find an hour or so
tonight. The thing is that openoffice-write2forrest.xsl processes "headings"
differently than "paragraphs", and I think that sometimes OOo creates
something that looks to OOo users like a heading but is actually implemented
using <text:p> tags, so Forrest treats it differently.

Charles