forrest-user mailing list archives

From "Bruno Fonzi" <bruno.fo...@seceti.it>
Subject R: Extracting content from Microsoft word into Forrest
Date Thu, 14 Oct 2004 12:44:14 GMT

In the organizations I have been using Forrest so far, we had the same
issue.
We have converted the exiting MSWord files to the OpenOffice format as
described and everyone has been simply writing new documentation
directly in OpenOffice.
Forrest has been the big incentive to switch to OpenOffice.
Nobody is missing MS Word at all.

Cheers,
Bruno

-----Messaggio originale-----
Da: Juan Jose Pablos [mailto:cheche@apache.org]
Inviato: giovedì 14 ottobre 2004 12.40
A: user@forrest.apache.org
Oggetto: Re: Extracting content from Microsoft word into Forrest

Ross Gardler escribió:

> Over on our project we have gone a different route. We use a version
> of
> Open Office running as a server to convert from MS format to Open
> Office. Forrest supports Open Office so, with this conversion process
we
> can support MS Office too. The benefit of this approach is that it
also
> supports earlier versions of MS Office and we have the whole Open
Office
> community in writing decent converters.

I would like to see something like:

oowriter myfile.doc -output myfile.sxw

It seems quite common for any organization to have a big buch of word
files, so if you can doit by command line then you can create a 5
minutes script to convert all of these files. I does not matter if that
takes a week or two because is the server who does the job not you.

Cheers,
Cheche

=== Start-of Internet E-mail Confidentiality Footer ===

L'uso non autorizzato di questo messaggio o dei suoi allegati e' vietato e potrebbe costituire
reato.
Se ha ricevuto per errore questo messaggio, La preghiamo di informarci e di distruggerlo immediatamente
coi suoi allegati.
Le dichiarazioni contenute in questo messaggio o nei suoi allegati non impegnano SECETI S.p.A.
nei confronti del destinatario o di terzi.
SECETI S.p.A. non si assume alcuna responsabilita' per eventuali intercettazioni, modifiche
o danneggiamenti del presente messaggio.

Any unauthorized use of this e-mail or any of its attachments is prohibited and could constitute
an offence.
If you are not the intended addressee please advise immediately the sender and destroy the
message and its attachments.
The contents of this message shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by SECETI S.p.A.
SECETI S.p.A. does not accept liability for corruption, interception or amendment, if any,
or the consequences thereof.