forrest-user mailing list archives

From thorsten <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: THIS SORT OF BEGINNERS QUESTION TOO SILLY FOR YOU???
Date Thu, 30 Sep 2004 08:33:53 GMT
Stefano Mancarella wrote:
> thorsten wrote:
>

>> ...or you can add that to skinconf.xml within the <extra-css/> in your
>> project dir. No need to touch the forrest dis.
>

> Cool. I didn't know that (I'm a novice too).
> I'm using the current official release (0.5.1) and my skinconf.xml
> (generated by 'forrest seed') doesn't contain that. Obviously the online
> docs do mention it.
> Do I have to build from SVN to use it?

Yeah, but that is really a piece of cake. ;-) One main advantage of
using svn-trunk is that you have the new version of the skinconf and the
new skins (e.g. pelt is all div based no tables at all). We are really
working to enhance that to come to the point that you nearly only have
to edit your own css-elements and alter the style of your site. No
editing of skins or forrest dis files.

Have a look at http://forrest.apache.org/build.html to get started.
BTW the docu is reflecting the trunk rather then any specific release.

If you have any question feel free to ask we will try to help ASAP. ;-)

King regards
thorsten