forrest-user mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: screenshot scaling
Date Fri, 10 Sep 2004 11:18:12 GMT
Johannes Schaefer wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Has anybody a solution for showing full resolution
> screenshots (say 1024x768)?
>
> Scaling the screen down with "width" and "height"
> gives horrible quality. Putting the original in
> gives horizontal scrolling for all the page
> (which makes text almost unreadable).
>
> What I would like to have would be kind of a high-
> quality thumbnail in 640x400 which is a link to the
> full resolution image. This should be done
> automatically within forrest/cocoon.

The easiest thing is making it possible for Forrest to give the image
named myimage.jpg both as is or as myimage-thumbnail-big and
myimage-thumbnail-small. These sizes should be configurable in
forrest.properties.
Then when insering the image you just need to show the thumbnail one and
link to the full one.

A hint:
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/readers/image-reader.html

             - verba volant, scripta manent -