forrest-user mailing list archives

From Clay Leeds <cle...@medata.com>
Subject Re: screenshot scaling
Date Wed, 15 Sep 2004 16:55:00 GMT
On Sep 13, 2004, at 12:00 AM, Johannes Schaefer wrote:
> Hi!
>
> specifying just width XOR height scales
> the images proportionally.
>
> specifying 100% scales the image to the
> width (percentage) of the available space,
> like it does with tables.
>
> that's what I think is the HTML behaviour.
>
> js

To echo Che Che, scaling of images would be really nice, so that 300dpi
source images can be used with full resolution for PDFs, but 72dpi for
HTML output. How do we determine an appropriate 'default' size? I'd
guess it's something along the lines of no more than 350 pixels wide
and/or tall. Anything larger would get scaled to fit within that 'box',
but anything smaller would retain its full size. It would also be nice
if scaled images could be auto-magically linked to a popup to their
full-size counterparts...

Web Maestro Clay