forrest-user mailing list archives

From "Hare, Michael" <Michael.H...@fnc.fujitsu.com>
Subject RE: Forrest 0.6 Interaction with Tomcat 5.0.27
Date Fri, 10 Sep 2004 15:18:36 GMT
We may have closed this issue (FOR-277) pre-maturally.
I don't disagree that Tomcat may have an issue, but something about
forrest-0.6 really sets it off.
I have deployed several webapps and wars under Tomcat 5.5.1, including
forrest 0.5.1 and everything works fine.
Deploying forrest 0.6 is breaking Tomcat for some reason.

I can see a finger-pointing game starting up here, but that's not going to
resolve the issue.

I think I would leave FOR-277 open at least until we hear back from Tomcat.

wata-shi-no ni-yen, desu

- mike

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Brondsema [mailto:dave@brondsema.net]
Sent: Thursday, September 09, 2004 3:35 PM
To: user@forrest.apache.org
Subject: RE: Forrest 0.6 Interaction with Tomcat 5.0.27

Do the tomcat logs show anything useful?

You should ask about this on the tomcat mailing list.  Even if our webapp
isn't correct it shouldn't interfere with other parts of tomcat.

Dave

On Thu, 9 Sep 2004, Hare, Michael wrote:

> Yes, a completely new install of TC 5.0.28 with no non-bundled webapps
allows access to admin panel and the JSP/Servlet examples
> Adding the forrest 0.6 war to the webapps dir stops that access. Since I
can't get into the Admin Panel, I can't start forrest0.6, so the forrest
site isn't working either.

Admin

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net