forrest-user mailing list archives

From "Hare, Michael" <Michael.H...@fnc.fujitsu.com>
Subject RE: Forrest 0.6 Interaction with Tomcat 5.0.27
Date Wed, 08 Sep 2004 15:42:18 GMT

webapp.

- mike

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Brondsema [mailto:dave@brondsema.net]
Sent: Tuesday, September 07, 2004 7:59 PM
To: user@forrest.apache.org
Subject: Re: Forrest 0.6 Interaction with Tomcat 5.0.27

Hare, Michael wrote:
> Rather than continue to deal with, what I thought might be a Tomcat conf
file issue, I removed the conf file for forrest 0.6 and, instead, put the
war file in Tomcat/webapps directory and let Tomcat unravel it into an
application.

> Once it does, I have the same problems accessing the Tomcat admin control
panel, the JSP and Servlet demos (I can't) I had with the conf file.
> Once I remove the war and the installed webapp, I can access the tomcat
admin panel again.

I haven't tried this myself.. so I might be off base here.  If the
*only* thing you did to tomcat was put the .war file in tomcat's webapp
directory, and you can't run the demos & admin webapp, then that is a
pretty big problem with tomcat.  Maybe you should do a fresh install of
tomcat to make sure you have all the tomcat .jar files and not any from
forrest.

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.splike.com : programming