forrest-user mailing list archives

From Johannes Schaefer <johannes.schae...@uidesign.de>
Subject Re: non english languages
Date Fri, 01 Oct 2004 08:39:29 GMT
David Crossley wrote:

>>Joao Miguel Ferreira wrote:
>>
>>>Now I know what was wrong: it seems that forrest "doesn't like
>>>portuguese"....
>>
>>What is the xml encoding at the first line of your
>>xml source files?
>

> Actually the best thing would be to show us.
> Please create an entry at the Forrest issue tracker.
> http://issues.cocoondev.org/secure/BrowseProject.jspa?id=10000
>
> Do 'forrest seed', then add a tiny bit of text to
> the index.xml and do 'forrest' to be sure that the
> issue is still there. Then attach that index.xml to
> the issue tracker. That avoids any issues with our
> mail agents interpreting your "foreign" characters.

We had this problem, too, with German Umlauts: äöüß.
Solution was to put the encoding in:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
   gives the special characters but they are ugly two byte
   sequences
   shows the special characters nicely in the source
I don't know which one is better from a technical/forrest
point of view.

Boa sorte com isso!
Johannes

Fon +49 (0)7141 377 000 * Fax  +49 (0)7141 377 00-99
Geschäftsstelle: User Interface Design GmbH * Lehrer-Götz-Weg 11 *
D-81825 München
www.uidesign.de