forrest-user mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: PDFs only for certain pages (Was: A simple question)
Date Thu, 30 Sep 2004 21:16:48 GMT
Tamara Harpster wrote:
>>But you consider not generating PDFs for certain documents to be a >feature..
>>interesting :-)
>

> I too, would consider not generating PDFs for certain documents to be a feature or perhaps
I haven't learned enough about Forrest yet. I am working with 800+ doc20 documents and I want
to have a wholesite.pdf and not generate the PDFs for each page. I believe I tried turning
off the PDF feature and didn't get the wholesite.pdf, but I haven't tried it since I first
started working with the documents and there may have been other problems. Hmm, I'll have
to give that a try this morning...

> Anyway, it currently takes around 20 minutes on my machine to generate the entire site,
so if I can cut that time down someway, it would be very nice.

> Ok, now back to those documents and their graphics that don't fit on an 8.5x11 page :-)
>
> Tamara Harpster

The pages forrest generates are determined only be the fact that there
are links to those pages.  So the skinconfig option to disable PDFs
actually just turns off the PDF link on each page so there are no links
to PDFs.

For your case, it sounds like you could disable the PDF option in
skinconf, and then manually (either in site.xml or within a document)
create a link to wholesite.pdf and it will be generated.

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.splike.com : programming