forrest-user mailing list archives

From Johannes Schaefer <johannes.schae...@uidesign.de>
Subject Re: powerful extra-css in skinconf
Date Thu, 30 Sep 2004 10:56:03 GMT
David Crossley wrote:

> Stefano Mancarella wrote:
>
>>thorsten wrote:
>>
>>>1. First of all cheers Stefano for your patience!
>>
>>I'm not always that patient... I just was in a good mood. :)

>>>...or you can add that to skinconf.xml within the <extra-css/> in your
>>>project dir. No need to touch the forrest dis.
>>
>>Cool. I didn't know that (I'm a novice too).
>>I'm using the current official release (0.5.1) and my skinconf.xml
>>(generated by 'forrest seed') doesn't contain that. Obviously the online
>>docs do mention it.
>>Do I have to build from SVN to use it?
>

> Yes. If people don't mention which version of Forrest,
> then we just assume the trunk of SVN development.
> That is what the website docs refer to.

I would just suggest a minor change to how it works now:
put the extra-css at the end of the generated page.css so users
can override easily the forrest classes in skinconf.xml
(this is done in forrest.css.xslt).
see
http://issues.apache.org/eyebrowse/BrowseList?listName=user@forrest.apache.org&by=thread&from=875778

Cheers,
Johannes

Fon +49 (0)7141 377 000 * Fax  +49 (0)7141 377 00-99
Geschäftsstelle: User Interface Design GmbH * Lehrer-Götz-Weg 11 *
D-81825 München
www.uidesign.de