forrest-user mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: Example XMap for Virtual Files
Date Wed, 29 Sep 2004 22:47:20 GMT
greg.vaco@cox.net wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm a newbie Forrest user and would like more information on publishing several large
XML documents as “Virtual” Files – as mentioned under Advanced customizations: sitemap.xmap.
 Can someone point me in the right direction for an example or two?  I have already converted
my files to DocBook and would like each Virtual file to correspond to a Section with an index
built that ties everything together.

> Thanks,
> Greg

You want to break up one big file to be displayed as seperate ones?
You'll have to set up matchers & selectors and such (Cocoon stuff, see
cocoon.apache.org for documentation) in the sitemap and the provide XSLT
to transform the portion of the file you want into a document-v12
document (which will then be transformed to HTML).  I don't know of any
examples like this exactly.  Looking at forrest's source is the best way
to start though.

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.splike.com : programming