forrest-user mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: Forrest 0.6 Interaction with Tomcat 5.0.27
Date Wed, 08 Sep 2004 00:59:14 GMT
Hare, Michael wrote:
> Rather than continue to deal with, what I thought might be a Tomcat conf file issue,
I removed the conf file for forrest 0.6 and, instead, put the war file in Tomcat/webapps directory
and let Tomcat unravel it into an application.

> Once it does, I have the same problems accessing the Tomcat admin control panel, the
JSP and Servlet demos (I can't) I had with the conf file.
> Once I remove the war and the installed webapp, I can access the tomcat admin panel again.

I haven't tried this myself.. so I might be off base here.  If the
*only* thing you did to tomcat was put the .war file in tomcat's webapp
directory, and you can't run the demos & admin webapp, then that is a
pretty big problem with tomcat.  Maybe you should do a fresh install of
tomcat to make sure you have all the tomcat .jar files and not any from
forrest.

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.splike.com : programming