forrest-user mailing list archives

From David Crossley <>
Subject Re: A simple question
Date Thu, 30 Sep 2004 10:27:46 GMT
Koala wrote:
> Dave Brondsema wrote:
> > Koala wrote:
> >> I want to add in my index.xml file (home page) a counter that need
> >> this code in the html code generated file (index.html):
> >>
> >> <script type="text/javascript"
> >> src=""></script>
> >>
> >> the question is ... how I can add this to my xml file in order to
> >> generate an index.html containing the code above.
> >>
> >> index.xml is a document-v13 DTD.
> >
> > Do you want to include it on every page?  If so you will have to
> > modify the skin you are using.  You will have to modify the files in
> > src/core/context/skins/<<SKIN>>/xslt/html (where <<SKIN>>
is the name
> > of the skin you are using).
> >
> > If you want it on just one page, you should use a .ihtml file (see the
> > sample in the "forrest seed" site).
> >
> I want to put it only in one page (the home page). You are telling me
> that it is impossible put it in a document-v13 file. Am I right?

Not at all - nothing is impossible. The power of Cocoon underneath
allows you generate, transform, and aggregate your pipeline. Use your
project sitemap into insert the <script> fragment using aggregation.
Study the core forrest sitemaps for inspiration.

Oh, you would do better to use sensible Subjects for your emails
to attract the attention of busy volunteers.

See the "Contribution Notes and Tips":

David Crossley

View raw message