forrest-user mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: how to use usemap in img tag
Date Sun, 26 Sep 2004 04:07:56 GMT
Tamara Harpster wrote:
> I am interested in using the usemap attribute in the image tag,
> but I haven't seen the equivalent tags for the map itself in
> the 2.0 DTD. Is there another way to define the map for an
> image or is it something that still needs to be added to the
> DTD? And if it can be done using other tags, is there an
> example document I can look at. I've searched through the e-mail
> archives and looked at the sample documentation and searched
> google and haven't found anything.

There various ways. With the current Forrest trunk,
use the file extension ".html" for your source files.
Then any html elements are available. See the "ihtml"
sample in a fresh "forrest seed" site.

Another way is to add your own specific document type.
See the "Download" example in the "Using Forrest" document.

If you want to enhance the Forrest 2.0 DTD to handle
other capabilities, then there is only one rule:
Any additions need to be directed toward proper XHTML2.

Anyway, experiment with your local Forrest.

--
David Crossley