forrest-user mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: DocBook stylesheets with forrest
Date Wed, 15 Sep 2004 00:14:21 GMT
Johannes Schaefer wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> > You are using the full DocBook stylesheets directly.
> >
> > The alternative method described at that FAQ will
> > enable the pages to be adorned with the normal Forrest
> > navigation menus and such. Beware the limitations,
> > and please sends patches to improve the handling.
>
> Wouldn't it be possible to use the DocBook output as
> *.ehtml to get the forrest-decorations?!

That is an interesting idea. Not *.ehtml because that
has been deprecated, but *.html)

So i gather that you are suggesting another stage in
the Cocoon pipeline. The Content Aware Pipelines that
are used in forrest.xmap could detect the doctype.

This is what we are hinting at when we say that there
is vast additional power in the Cocoon sitemap.

One issue is that we already use that detection to
enable our partial "docbook" support. It might be
possible to configure that to use the full DB XSL
if it is available, otherwise partial.

Another issue is that the user would need to have the
full DocBook XSL installed locally. That could just
be listed as one of our FAQs.

However, this is now getting into development issues
rather than user issues, so should be discussed on the
"dev" mailing list.

--
David Crossley