forrest-user mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: how-to contribute
Date Tue, 14 Sep 2004 23:31:38 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> Johannes Schaefer wrote:
> > We created some stuff that we would like to
> > contribute ... what is the best way to do this?
>
> http://issues.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=dev@forrest.apache.org&msgNo=13100
> A small howto.

No. Following that we discussed that 'build patch'
is not suitable because it adds lots of complications.

> http://forrest.apache.org/contrib.html
> in more detail.

This latter document is out-of-date, so read with care.

Simply use 'svn diff > mypatch.txt' and add to the
issue tracker. For people that do not use the
development version, do something like this ...
'diff -u foo.xml.orig foo.xml > mypatch.txt'
and tell us which version of Forrest you do use.

> > Examples:
> > - Index Creation, see FOR-280
> > - PDF-Titlepage, see FOR-275
> > - PDF-List of Tables/Figures (no FOR yet)
> > - ...
> >
> > Forrest's great, thanks folks!

That is the best thing to do. Add your contributions
to the issue tracker.

Remember that we are desperately trying to release
the 0.6 version of Forrest. So for all committers,
our spare time is going into fixing the critical
issues. In general, other stuff will need to wait.
So please be patient.

--
David Crossley