forrest-user mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: forrest run and syntax
Date Mon, 13 Sep 2004 22:51:08 GMT
On Tue, 2004-09-14 at 08:41, Thomas Roth wrote:
> Hi,
> I've just encountered an error that makes life really hard: whatever is
> running when I do 'forrest run', isn't checking the syntax as thoroughly
> as 'forrest': I wrote a table with cells containing 'valign' and
> 'align': no problem for 'forrest run', invalid xml for  'forrest'
> That's not nice, I don't want to wait  hours for every dot I add to my
> webpages  :-(

Re-using the answer that was recently sent to the dev list.
Perhaps this deserves an FAQ ...

I do 'forrest run' in one window and use 'forrest validate'
in another window. Actually i often use 'xmllint' to validate
just the xdoc that i am working on. That gives much faster
turnaround.

--
David Crossley