forrest-user mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: DocBook stylesheets with forrest
Date Sun, 12 Sep 2004 08:34:22 GMT
Martin Holler wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I started with the FAQ article
> http://forrest.apache.org/faq.html#docbook because I would like to be
> able to write my xml source in the DocBook format. Further I would
> like to use the DocBook stylesheets directly. I have been trying to
> get this working for a long time now and tryed a lot of different
> things in the different files.

It does work because we do that with two documents at the
XML Commons website. See
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/xml-commons/src/documentation/sitemap.xmap?view=markup
and "Find in page" DocBook.

> Here is what my present configuration
> looks like:
>
> My asterisk.xml source file
> ---------------------------
> <!DOCTYPE book PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.2//EN"
>   "">
> <book lang="de">
> <bookinfo>
>   <title>Asterisk</title>
> </bookinfo>
>
> <chapter>
>   <title>SMS</title>
>   <para>
>   <variablelist>
>     <title>Font Filename Extensions</title>
>       <varlistentry>
>         <listitem>
>           <para>
>             TrueType fonts.
>           </para>
>         </listitem>
>       </varlistentry>
>     </variablelist>
>   </para>
> </chapter>
> </book>
>
> My src/documentation/sitemap.xmap file
> --------------------------------------
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
> <map:sitemap xmlns:map="http://apache.org/cocoon/sitemap/1.0">
>  <map:pipelines>
>   <map:pipeline>
>   <map:match pattern="**/resolver-*.html">
>     <map:generate src="content/xdocs/{1}/resolver-{2}.xml"/>
>     <map:transform src="file:///home/martin/opt/docbook-xsl-1.65.1/xhtml/docbook.xsl"/>
>     <map:serialize/>
>   </map:match>
>   </map:pipeline>
>  </map:pipelines>
> </map:sitemap>

If you are going to use Forrest-0.5.1 then you need to follow
the local documentation that comes with that version. As specified
on the Forrest home page, the website documentation relates to
the current development version forrest-0.6-dev

For Forrest-0.5.1 you need to copy the whole sitemap and
insert a match to specifically handle your "asterisk" doc.
Follow your local "Using Forrest" document.

Using Forrest-0.6-dev it is much easier and you just use the
simplified sitemap like you have shown above.

> I do not know if I have to write <map:match
> pattern="**/resolver-*.html"> (as I would say from the FAQ) or
> <map:match pattern="**asterisk.xml"> (as I would say from reading
> "Using Forrest") or if both of these are wrong. I tryed many things
> here.

That match is just an example. Yes you need to explicitly
match the asterisk.html

<snipped errors that arise from using a broken sitemap/>

--
David Crossley