Charles Palmer wrote: > Team > > I have been struggling with getting some simple text substitution, > working with Forrest and XMLMind as an editor. > > The first problem is that XMLMind doesn't support (it makes > the substitution immediately). They suggest the XInclude construction, > referred to in their tutorial here: > http://www.xmlmind.com/xmleditor/_distrib/docs/user/userguide3.html#id.s3 > > So I have been working through their tutorial example, but it's not > easy: > > 1 The first problem I had seems to be that their XHTML document > doesn't seem to be recognised by Forrest if I add it to the site.xml > and folder unmodified. I get this error: > > X [0] html_only/VATReport.html BROKEN: > C:\Forrest\proje > cts\trm_test2\build\tmp\context\content\xdocs\html_only\VATReport.xml > (The syste > m cannot find the file specified) When you request a .html file by specifying it in your site.xml configuration, then Forrest's default sitemap looks for a matching XML file to use as the source to generate that .html > So move past this I had to rename their file VATReport.html to > VATReport.ihtml (following the example of samples/ihtml-sample.ihtml). That is correct. > 2 Once the file is renamed, Forrest appears not to know what to do > about it. Forrest runs without printing errors, but the resulting HTML > file says: "Error in conversion Warning This file is not in a html > format, please convert manually." My hack for this was to change the > header at the top of XMLMind's file from this: > > > "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> > > > > to this (following the example of samples/ihtml-sample.ihtml): > > > > That is strange, you shouldn't need to do that. > after which Forrest runs without reporting errors (hurray!) and > generates HTML (hurray!), > > 3 But alas Forrest does not perform the substitition I had hoped > for. The HTML that Forrest generates reads: > >

The VAT rate of France is higher than the VAT rate of Germany .

> > rather than what I had hoped for: > >

The VAT rate of France 19.6% is higher than the VAT rate of Germany > 16%.

The VAT rate of France href="VATrates.html#france_vat" > xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude" />is higher than the > VAT rate > of Germany xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude" />.

> > and I do have a file called VATrates.html, with entries such as this: > > 19.6% I don't know about these Xincludes, so will leave that for someone else to answer. > 4 And then there is the small matter that Forrest doesn't know what > to do with the GIF file at the bottom of the VATReport.ihtml file: > >

XMLmind logo