forrest-user mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: User contributed comments and rate this page
Date Tue, 24 Aug 2004 16:16:08 GMT
Shaffer, Chris wrote:
> How can I add interactive components to my forest-generate pages?
> Something like PHP's documentaiton
> (http://us4.php.net/manual/en/function.mysql-close.php#34008).  Of
> course, this would be useless on pdfs, etc...  It would only be needed
> for the html output.  I'd like to be able to control which pages it
> appears on, as well.  Also, I'd like to add a 'rate this page' kind of
> poll to some pages.

These are nice additions, but doing them in Forrest means knowing Cocoon
and hacking the Forrest internals.

Maybe the easiest thing is to use Apache SSI includes (see that Apache
docs for this) so that each page includes the contents of a wiki page
with the same name (you need a separate wiki install for this), and
similarly for the poll.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -