forrest-user mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: How to generate a site.xml at run time?
Date Wed, 25 Aug 2004 12:25:00 GMT
On Wed, 25 Aug 2004, Angeshwar Deepak wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to know if a site.xml file can be
> generated at run time. i.e. I will be nowing the label
> name only after the entire build process. So I cannot
> type before hand as
>
> <about label="Juna">
> <level2 label="Component">
> </level2>
>
> but rather I will know the directory name 'Component'
> only after the build process. So can this name
> 'Component' be passed as a property name from the
> build file to the site.xml file. Something like
> ${component}, whose value will be known after the
> build process.
>
> I had asked the same question number of times, but
> could not get any solution. Any suggestion reg this
> will be great.

Angeshwar,

We've read your question several times.  Posting it over and over is not
going to get any more response than you've already recieved.  Have you
tried my previous suggestions
(http://issues.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=user@forrest.apache.org&msgNo=455)?

I suggest taking a step back and looking at the bigger problem you are
trying to solve.  Is this the only way to achieve what you want?

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.brondsema.net : personal