forrest-user mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: OpenOffice: Who is Hugo?
Date Wed, 18 Aug 2004 00:30:20 GMT
On Tue, 17 Aug 2004, Charles Palmer wrote:

> Team
>
> I made a more complex document (based on a fresh OpenOffice document, rather
> than the Forrest openoffice-writer.sxw) with various instances of different
> headings etc. It seemed to work OK but:
>
> Forrest doesn't seem to like a Heading 4 following a Heading 2 without an
> intervening Heading 3 - we get hugo showing up again. Interestingly, when I
> save the file from OpenOffice in DocBook format, Open Office inserts an
> empty Heading 3 <title/> tag  in between the Heading 2 stuff and the Heading
> 4 stuff:

I looked at the XML of the file you sent me and it did not have
text:level="3" on the heading 3 node like it should've.  All the other
ones did.  I created a new file and it worked fine.

You can view the content.xml file by opening the .sxw file with any
unzipping utility.

I removed the hugo title, but I found that it skips some sections if the
depths do not descend in order (e.g. 1 2 3 4 9 5 skips 9 and 5).  I'll
file an issue for it so it isn't forgotten.

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.brondsema.net : personal