forrest-user mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: OpenOffice: Who is Hugo?
Date Tue, 17 Aug 2004 17:19:29 GMT
On Tue, 17 Aug 2004, Charles Palmer wrote:

> Team
>
> I made a more complex document (based on a fresh OpenOffice document, rather
> than the Forrest openoffice-writer.sxw) with various instances of different
> headings etc. It seemed to work OK but:
>
> Forrest doesn't seem to like a Heading 4 following a Heading 2 without an
> intervening Heading 3 - we get hugo showing up again. Interestingly, when I
> save the file from OpenOffice in DocBook format, Open Office inserts an
> empty Heading 3 <title/> tag  in between the Heading 2 stuff and the Heading
> 4 stuff:

I think the ooffice->docv12 stylesheet makes heading X nested X levels
deep.  There's no other way in docv12 to specify a type of section other
than how deep it's nested.  So that's why a heading 3 is necessary.
Similarly DocBook (I think) requires sect4 to be within sect3, not within
sect2.  So a title-less sect3 is created by openoffice.

Tonight I'll remove the hugo title and make that section have no title.

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.brondsema.net : personal