forrest-user mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: different seeds (was: Understanding linking)
Date Mon, 09 Aug 2004 18:51:14 GMT
On Mon, 9 Aug 2004, Thorsten Scherler wrote:

> > Your ideas are good. We can build on the infrastructure
> > that we have. Perhaps we can can different seeds to suit
> > various circumstances.
>
> Hi group,
>
> I thought a while ago about that. If you working with forrest on a daily
> basis then the /forrest seed/ is not suitable IMO. You will end up
> cleaning the seed before using it.
>
> Here is a seed that I would like to have:
>
> *seed-blank*
> Seeds an empty forrest project with only an index.xml.
>
> --site.xml------------------------------------------
> <site label="MyProj" href="" tab="">
>   <about label="About">
>    <index label="Index" href="index.html"
> 	description="Welcome to MyProj"/>
>   </about>
> </site>
>
> --tab.xml------------------------------------------
> <tabs software="MyProj" title="MyProj" copyright="Foo">
>   <tab id="" label="Home" dir="" indexfile="index.html"/>
> </tabs>
>
> WDYT?
>
> King regards
> thorsten

Yes, I think something like /forrest seed-basic/ and /forrest seed-sample/
would be good.  seed-basic would be the bare essentials and and
seed-sample would showcase all the different things you can do (perhaps
deployed as an example on our website somewhere; and perhaps part of a
test suite).

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.brondsema.net : personal