forrest-user mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: whole site pdf missing?
Date Mon, 09 Aug 2004 17:15:08 GMT
On Mon, 9 Aug 2004, Charles Palmer wrote:

> Team
>
> The default site.xml contains this:
>
> <all>
>   <whole_site_html href="site.html" label="Whole Site HTML" />
>   <whole_site_html href="site.pdf" label="Whole Site PDF" />
> </all>
>
> and this page: http://forrest.apache.org/docs/your-project.html says this: "Note: Forrest's
default sitemap defines a whole-site HTML and PDF, available as site.html and site.pdf."

> and this page: http://forrest.apache.org/howto/howto-pdf-tab.html says this: "By default
Forrest generates a pdf file for each separate document of your project. As well you can create
a pdf of the whole site. But sometimes it may be necessary to generate a pdf file out of selected
tab, i.e. only for certain parts of the site."

> Now, I want to start investigating creating pdfs "only for certain parts of the site",
and I guess the lengthy link above will guide me through this. But from the above comments
I would have expected to see a site.pdf, containing the whole site, but I don't.

> Why can't I see site.pdf? and am I safe to follow the instructions in the link above
to create pdfs from multiple pages, or is there more to it...

> Charles

It should say that site.pdf is the only aggregate page available to be
generated by default.  To actually generate it, add a label attribute to
the <all> node in site.xml.  This will cause it to appear on the menu, and
in turn cause forrest to follow that link and generate the page.

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.brondsema.net : personal