forrest-user mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: File overwriting: bug or feature?
Date Mon, 09 Aug 2004 13:20:20 GMT
On Mon, 9 Aug 2004, Fabio Rinaldi wrote:

> Dear Forrest team,
>
> I have just verified that if I have in my 'raw content directory' a
> file which has the same name as one of the files generated on the
> basis of the contents of the 'xdocs' directory, and the two are
> supposed to end up in the same directory, then the raw file overwrites
> the generated file. Example: if I have "x.xml" in xdocs, this
> generates "x.html" (and "x.pdf") in the site directory, however if I
> have "x.html" (or "x.pdf") in my 'raw content' directory, then the
> latter overwrites the former.
>
> Perhaps this is the desired behaviour, but I would have expected at
> least a warning during creation of the web site. Can this behaviour be
> altered?

The raw-content copy happens in parallel with the forrest generation of
files.  So actually it could happen either way (forrest overwrite raw, or
raw overwrite forrest).  I don't ever recall discussing which should take
precedence.  I would think raw.

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.brondsema.net : personal