forrest-user mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: site.pdf: FOPException warning
Date Thu, 05 Aug 2004 14:54:21 GMT
On Thu, 5 Aug 2004, Christian Kaspari wrote:

> Hi!
> If you get this exception when generating site.pdf
> it might be due to the fact that one file is out
> of place. You will not notice this for the normal
> pages, though, forrest gets somehow around it.
>
> We had xdocs/chapter1/mydoc.xml which should have
> been xdocs/chapter1/subchapter/mydoc.xml;
> in site.xml everything was fine.
>
> Request URI: site.pdf
> cause:
>   java.lang.RuntimeException: org.apache.fop.apps.FOPException: No flow in
> page-sequence
>
> Is there a chance to get some better error message?
>
> Cheers,
> Christian and Johannes

Internally forrest generates .pdf files from .fo files.  The (temporary)
.fo files are generated from the .xml file.  The error you see is when an
invalid .fo file is converted to .pdf.  When I debug these problems I
do a 'forrest run' and request the .fo version of the file and then
look at it to see what is wrong with it.

The fo->pdf conversion is done by Apache FOP (http://xml.apache.org/fop),
so their site is useful in solving these problems too.

And in general, the full-site PDFs are buggy.  I've been meaning to work
on this but haven't had cycles at home or work for it yet.

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.brondsema.net : personal